I am the daughter of Louis and Jeanette Sforza. My father is an FDNY member and former President and Vice President of the Uniformed Firefighters Association of Greater NY, and Jeanette Sforza (deceased) a stay-at-home mother and a partner in Town & Country Gifts and Crafts, Inc. from 1987 until her death in December 2012.
My family is deeply rooted in Staten Island. I have one sister and two brothers, many nieces, nephews, and cousins. All of whom are Staten Island residents.
Staten Island’s population continues to grow year after year. With this growth, there are opportunities and challenges. I want to see my hometown address its current challenges and build on its significant assets. I want to be a part of planning for the next generation who will call Staten Island their hometown.
I am a graduate of St. Mary’s of the Assumption School and Port Richmond High School. I earned an Associate Degree in Liberal Arts from The College of Staten Island, and my Bachelor of Science in Marketing from the Fashion Institute of Technology.
I began my career working for Macy’s from 1980-1985 in sales, management, and buying positions. I left Macy’s for Ohrbach’s and worked in their buying department. Ohrbach’s closed in 1987, and my mother and I opened Town & Country Gifts and Crafts, Inc. from September 20, 1987, and closed on September 20, 2013. I currently work for Northfield Community LDC of Staten Island as the Economic & Community Development Coordinator.
My passion for improving my hometown is the reason why I am running for NYC Council in the 50th District.
In my position as Economic & Community Development Coordinator at Northfield Community LDC of Staten Island, I create, implement, and manage program resources that support community revitalization. Activities have included:
- Program Manager NY Main Street Grant Program
- Project Consultant Brownfield Opportunity Area Study (BOA). Coordinate Brownfield Site Redevelopment Program Strategic Planning of Port Richmond/Mariners Harbor
- Program Manager for Avenue NYC 2014-2015
- Co-Chair Community Improvement Committee Wagner College/Port Richmond Partnership
- Program Manager NYC Council Discretionary
- Grant Writing
- Marketing Manager
- Event Organizer
- 2014-Current: Economic & Community Development Coordinator Northfield Community LDC of Staten Island
- 1987-2013: Owner Town & Country Gifts, and Crafts, Inc.
- 1985-1986: Assistant Buyer Ohrbach’s
- 1984-1985: Assistant Buyer Macy’s
- 1983-1984: Sales Manager Macy’s
- Coro Neighborhood Leadership Program
- Fashion Institute of Technology – Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing and an Associate degree in Buying and Merchandising
- The College of Staten Island – Associate Degree in Liberal Arts